- Public Access Quick Facts: When and How to Comply and How to Correct Non-Compliant Papers - (PowerPoint - 200 KB, October 2017)
- Public Access Compliance in one slide - (PowerPoint - 41 KB, February 2016)
- Public Access Training - (PowerPoint - 10 KB, May 2016)
- Public Access Short Presentation - (PowerPoint - 9 KB, July 2013)
The NIH Manuscript Submission System
The NIH Manuscript Submission System (NIHMS) is tool for authors and publishers to deposit electronic version of peer-reviewed final manuscripts for inclusion in PubMed Central. Papers in the NIHMS are assigned an identifier (NIHMSID). The NIHMS has a video overview, illustrated submission tutorials and an FAQ.
My NCBI and My Bibliography
- My NCBI is a tool that retains user information and database preferences to provide customized services for many databases operated by the National Library of Medicine's National Center for Biotechnology Information, including PubMed, PubMed Central and SciENcv. It allows you to save searches, select display formats, filtering options, and set up automatic searches that are sent by e-mail. It includes the bibliography management system My Bibliography.
- My Bibliography is a reference tool that helps you save your citations (journal articles, books/chapters, patents, presentations and meetings) directly from PubMed or, if not found there, to manually enter citations using My Bibliography templates. eRA commons users use My Bibliography to track compliance with the NIH public access policy and report papers to NIH.
- Other Citations is a separate collection of citations on My NCBI. Its features and operation are identical to My Bibliography. Some NIH principal investigators use it to track and report papers that they did not author, but arose from their NIH award.
- My NCBI overview video
- My Bibliography overview video
- Linking eRA Commons accounts to My NCBI
- Managing Compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy: video overview and instructions
- Collaborating with PIs and Co-Authors to associate papers with NIH grants, monitor compliance, and simplify reporting
- Using delegates for My Bibliography
- Using My Bibliography to generate the publications section of form PHS 2590
- My NCBI detailed video training excerpted from the January 2013 Webinar
Articles and Other Communications
- NIH Manuscript Collection Optimized for Text-Mining and More
- Information for Librarians: Video, Transcript, Slides. Includes a special section on the Public Access Compliance Monitor. (August 2014)
- Presentation on Public Access at the NIH Regional Seminar (Powerpoint - 8 MB) (June 2014)
- Rock Talk Announcement: Improving Public Access to Research Results (November 2012)
- Public Access Policy Implications (April 2012)
- “What the New Public Access Requirement Means to the NIH-Supported Investigator” - NIH Extramural Nexus (January 2008)